The Manhattan Libertarian Party campaigns for smaller, limited government, restrained fiscal policy, personal choice and individual responsibility, tolerance, and a disciplined foreign policy.
For current content and news —
- “From the MLP Podium: Free-ranging free speech freely exercised.” Follow topical and insightful posts by members of the Manhattan Libertarian Party (their personal views and opinions, and not necessarily those of the Manhattan, the State of NY, or national LP.) All are welcome to agree, disagree and — most of all — participate in the conversations.
- Recent topics:
- A Libertarian’s Letter to Republican Friends Who Can’t Trumpet Trump
- What Would Libertarians Do About the Poor Who Cannot Afford Healthcare?
- Resurrect the Vote
- Libertarian is the New Black Party
- Sen. Schumer’s proposed “Uniform Anti-Sardine Seat” bill (“UniASS”), to regulate the width and spacing of airline seats, is anti-choice, anti-consumer, anti-competitive . . . and just doesn’t fly.
- The Rising Tide of 2016 : The “Two Majors” having chosen their presidential candidates — alarming many and disappointing many more — disaffected Republicans and Democrats are looking away, looking for another way . . . a third way . . . a Third Party . . . a candidate who is neither the embodiment of the entrenched, rigged, politics-as-usual Establishment, nor a loose-lipped loose cannon. The major media is catching on. At “The Rising Tide” we track the crescendo of major media mentions of the Libertarian Party and our candidates.
- May 8 — Gary Johnson on “This Week with George Stephanopolous”
- May 6 — Austan Goolsbee, economist: “You should be looking into Gary Johnson” on CNBC Squawk Box
- May 5 — Mary Matalin leaves Republicans, enrolls Libertarian
- Serf City News: the classic MLP publication of legacy editorial content
Let’s get together — the MLP meets the Second Tuesday each month, at 7pm, at the Ukrainian East Village Restaurant, 140 Second Avenue, between 9th Street and St. Mark’s Place . . . and informally gathers for “Liberty Happy Hour” on the Fourth Tuesday each month, 7pm, at the Manhattan Fitzpatrick Hotel, Lexington Avenue between 56th and 57th Streets (at the rear, opposite the bar) . . . visit http://www.meetup.com/NY-Libertarians/ for updates.